Fixed bridge over 4 implants
Thanks to this modern solution, it is possible to realize a fixed bridge supported by only four dental implants per jaw. The all-on-4 system is designed for edentulous patients who do not have enough bone tissue to receive 8 implants per jaw. The all-on-4 method is a quick and affordable solution for the problem of missing teeth.
The advantages of the All-on-4
- For a fixed solution, it is enough to put 4 implants per jaw;
- The all-on-4 system does not require bone grafting;
- It is comfortable;
- This is a screwed bridge, the dentist can therefore remove it, if necessary;
- It restores completely the masticatory function;
- It restores your smile in a natural and aesthetic way;
- It is more affordable than the fixed bridge supported by 8 implants;
- It preserves the surrounding bone, prevents bone loss and the atrophy of the jaw;
- It is possible to replace the missing gum with an artificial on (see photo)
What are the disadvantages of the All-on-4 solution?
Compared to natural teeth or removable dentures, the cleaning of the implant supported bridge requires more patience and dexterity. Those who have an implant supported bridge must use – in addition to their toothbrush and dental floss – other cleaning products (interdental brushes, superfloss, mouthwash etc.)
If one of the artificial porcelain teeth of the bridge is damaged (e.g. a piece of porcelain is detached) then the entire bridge should be repaired or replaced.
What do you need to know about the all-on-4 system?
- For the realization of a bridge supported by 4 implants, Smilefactory dental clinic uses Nobel Biocare dental implants exclusively, which is one of the best implant manufacturers in the world.
- The surgeon places the implants in the frontal region of the jaw. The two implants in the middle are perpendicular to the occlusal surface, while the other two are placed with an inclination of 30 to 40 degrees (see the picture).
- This method, although not yet widespread, is justified since 15 years by its durability, the satisfaction of the patients and its excellent value for money.
How many visits are required to Hungary to realize an all-on-4 bridge?
If the patient still has teeth to be extracted, we need three sessions: the first visit is for the extractions and the realization of a temporary prosthesis, the second visit is for placing in the implants and the third is for realizing the final tooth replacement.
If the patient is completely toothless, we need only two visits: the first for placing in the implants and the second for the realization of the final bridge which will be attached to the implants.